Monday, April 30, 2012

Broken


I’m broken__ and you can’t fix me
But we can hang out__ and we can do stuff
Go to museums__ and foreign movies
And recount stories that we read in the New Yorker

I’m broken__ no one can fix me
I’ve tried self-help groups__ and twelve-step meetings
I have a therapist__ and yoga teacher
My a-ccu-punc-tur-ist has also done his best___

(Chorus)
Oh, oh, I’m broken__  (She’s broke!)  No one can fix me  (Nu-uh!) __
You can try but I would think that you’ve got bigger fish to fry__
Oh, I’m broken__  (She’s broke!)  No, you can’t fix me  (Fucked-up!) __
But something tells me that you’re broken, too.

(Bridge.1)
All of my flower vases are chipped__
The edges of my mixing bowls_ are a little nicked
The paint job on my bicycle__ has rusted off
But I still ride it__ because I love it__ ‘cause it’s like meeeee – (broken)

My friends are broken__ at least the funny ones
They’re basket cases__ or alchoholics
They’re usually laughing__ when they’re not crying
If they weren’t broken then they might not be so fun

(Bridge.2)
My shirts are missin’ buttons__ earrings missin’ stones__
My comfy queen-size bed__ is missin’ moans__
I’m trying to get my ducks__ in tidy little rows__
And I am better__ but I’m sill broken__ la, la-di-daaaaaaa (broken)

(She whispers)
I’m broken__ and you can’t fix me
But we can wonder__ what it would be like
To love each other__ and be forgiven
Like all those other healthy people out there do  -- Yee-hoo!

(Repeat Chorus- sing last line 2x)

No comments: