Thursday, January 16, 2014

Enigma


(Verse- Latin)
You veered my way leaned in close.  Our chit-chat touched on morose
Thought out of the box, for an orthodox.  Then you grinned-- Uh, huh
Described you mom’s roast chicken.  I noticed my pulse quicken
Walked me to my car, complained I parked too far.  Then made a joke-- Uh, huh
Are you facetious, or are you serious, or are you kidding or are you both?

(Chorus- Country)
You’re an enigma, wrapped in a Jew
I’m on the outside looking in-- I don’t know what to do
You’re always busy with your sisters, tethered to your mother
Cut the chord, or find another

You called me late, cooed my name.  Confiscated my game.
Said you come around, after sun down.  Then you grinned-- Uh, huh
Your texts today were cunning.  Our repartee’s no-less-than stunning
But you’re slip’ry, keep taunting me.  Can’t nail you down-- Nuh, uh

(Bridge – Country)
I’m totally wrong for you.  You’re apropos for me
Funny and kind.  In that keppie a sharp mind
Our morning was unusual.  But the day was sublime
I’m no baleboostah for you.  You’re apropos for me
But I can’t navigate, our differences of fate
We could start all over.  But I think it’s too late.

(Instrumental)

I’ve lost the shape of your face.  Your pale skin seems out of place
Your fading voice, was not my choice.  Your hard G’s gone-- Uh, huh
You said you liked my moxie.  But-your-commitment’s to-your orth-o-doxy.
I miss our long chats, your black winter hats.  Your dimpled smile-- Uh, huh
You’re so facetious, or are you serious, or were you kidding or are you both?

(repeat chorus – last line x 2)

No comments: