Friday, August 31, 2012

Tree Swing


I want to climb inside your mind.  Sit-on-the tree swing in your brain
It nearly killed-me-to pull away from your hug in the rain

I want to empty out the foam-peanuts crowding-the-space in your-head
Want you-to clear a path for me that leads right to your bed


(Chorus)
It hurts me not to reach for you.  Kills me not to touch
I have to sit down on my hands.  I want you, oh, so much
Hurts me not to tell you what I really think of us
Have to clench down on my heart.  I want you, oh, so much


It hurts to trace your winsome smile.  Watch your lips not kissing me
It wears me down to hear your voice, so salty like the sea

It hurts to look into your eyes, they’re so painfully pale blue
Want-to-punch-out the in-ev-itable good-byes I’ll say to you


(Bridge)
The thing is___I’m pretty sure you’d melt into to me
The thing is___I’m pretty sure that you’d cave
The thing is___I-think-you’d hug me all day in the rain
The thing is___I think it’s me that you crave


I need to barricade my brain from caring about what you say
Need-to-slowly inch away from you so it hurts less every day

I need to dig a moat ‘round you, restrain my body from yours
Need to pile the fur-ni-ture in front of my desire’s door


(Repeat Chorus)


Want-to nestle in your shoulders, wear you like a sweater that fits
Want to rip up all your suffering, tear it into small bits

I want to calm your cluttered mind.  Sit-on-the tree-swing-with-you in your brain
It nearly killed-me-to pull away from your hug in the rain



No comments: