Thursday, June 28, 2012

Lie Here


(Intro- sung/spoken)
Sometimes when I first wake up, before I open my eyes
I have a little chat with myself
I glance at the alarm clock then slowly realize
I should get up-- or I could put this morning on the shelf

The guilt sets in as I-I ask my conscience for permission
I can’t seem to stop this pen-chant for self-admonition
This goes back and forth for minutes though it feels like hours
Should I get out of bed,
or remain in my head.  I really need to shower

Why wouldn’t I stay asleep when I could be dreaming of you?
Why wouldn’t I stay in bed when there’s so very much to do?

(Song)
Let me lie here__Quietly thinking of you
Let me lie here__With so much to do
My eyes have just opened__I’m still in my bed
But-I can’t still the mem’ries__Of you in my head
It’s time to get up__Get-this show on the road
But-I can’t move a muscle__My heart is too heavy--  a loaaaaaad.

Let me lie here__With you in my heart
Let me lie here__Knowing not where to start
My lists are all waiting__With hands on their hips
But I can think only__Of your tender lips
It’s time to get moving__I really will try
But I keep on replaying__The last time we said--  good-byyyye

(Instrumental)

(Bridge 1)
The morning has come__And you’re far away
I’m left to imagine__What you’ll do today
My day has begun __Yet I can’t move an inch
Without your arms wrapping me__ Up in a clinch

(Repeat first verse)

(Bridge 2)
Oh-oh-oh let me lie here__ with you in my heart
Wrapped up in blankets and yearning
Let me lie here__ so far apart
Alone in my bed but so crowded by burning… desires

Let me lie here__Quietly thinking of you… mm-mmmm

No comments: