Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Hot Damn




Found some money!
Right there in my pocket.
Fifteen bucks!
Hot damn.

Found some money
right out of the gate.
First thing in the morning.
What a day.

Reached in and there is was.
Waiting for me to find it.
Just waiting. No rush.
Like anything else lost,
or not yet found.

I felt the paper
with my two longest fingers,
that particular "money" paper,
--kinda soft, kinda friendly--
and I knew before I knew.
It was money!

Then I realized,
These pants are mine!
These pants I'm wearin' belong to me!
So this money must be mine!
I get to keep the money!
Yipee!

I guess it was my money
all along.
Not really extra, one could say.
But it's more fun
to think of it as a treat. So,
I'm gonna think of it that way.

Found some money.
Didn't even matter how much.
Coulda been two or coulda been twenty.
But I counted it, anyway.
Fifteen bucks.

Not a bad haul.
For reachin' in my pocket.
Day's lookin' up.
Hot damn.

1 comment:

Hot For Books said...

Oh my god. Tori. I love this. You have to let me post this on my Her Nashville blog. I have to share it.