Thursday, May 29, 2014

Still Smokes


My mom says all the best people smoke
She doesn’t crack a smile because it’s no joke
They’re the last an-ar-chists you see
They’re the most fun at parties, believe you me

(Chorus)    
Still smokes ("Still smokes"). My mom still smokes ("Still smokes")

She sneaks cigarettes to prisoners and teens
And all manner of hoodlum in between
She says, “I’m a smoker, that’s who I am”
“Like it or not, I don’t give a damn.”
(Repeat Chorus)

(Bridge)
Now, I never smoked because it was her thing
Black coffee, cigarettes, and solitaire
White paper napkins blotted saucer-stained rings
As I wrote my name, in the ashtray’s ashes, in script, with a used butt,
Wafting stale cigarette smells, in the air…
(Repeat Chorus)

When you’re at an event and bored out of your mind
She says, “Go find the smokers, ‘cause-they’re-the best kind”
They’ve gotta sense of humor and take no shit
Aint gonna let the government make them quit 
(Repeat Chorus)

I tried to get my mom to quit
Even hid her cartons, she had a fit
I-pleaded, “Mom, yer gonna-die!” then hit the wall
She said, “Relax (take a drag) I’ll outlive you all”

Still smokes ("Still smokes"). She’ll out live us all ("Still smokes") x 3

No comments: