Thursday, May 17, 2012

Ninja Man


You came out of nowhere___ landed on my roof
Soundless in your crepe soled shoes___ attitude aloof
Shimmied down the drain pipe,__ balanced on the ledge__
Dark as the night sky__ keeping me on edge

(Chorus) 
You can be my ninja man, but don’t you steal my heart
I’ll need it to get over you; your vigilante follow through
You can be my ninja man, but don’t you steal my heart
Eviscerate me with your eyes,
Disembowel my laissez-faire guise
But let me have my silent nights
And__ sword fights with youuuuuu (guitar stops) My love, my ninja

You slipped in through the window, ___ me in my penoir set
Lounging on my__chaise lounge,___ I’ll never forget
You came upon me stealthily, ___ all spider arms and legs
I asked if you were hungry,___ said, “Would you like some eggs?”

You nodded through your face mask,___ and said, yes please.
I made you an omelet, ___with extra grated cheese
Made you toast and bacon, __then peeled back your hood,
I said, “Hey, wanna spend the night?”  You said, (in low voice)_“I would if I could.”

(Spoken like Johnny Cash)
“But I got some ninja doins’; ninja issues to work through__
Gotta throw me some ‘a them ninja stars, got ninja things to do___
Gotta settle some ninja business__ on the other side of town,____
But if you’re ever makin’ eggs again, I just may__ come around.”__

I said (Chorus)

(Bridge) 
A few weeks later, I got the worrrrrrrd
wasn’t told directly, I overheard
You limped up to me like a champ___
___knocked over a table lamp
Bled all over my Pucci night gown
Seems there’d been a ninja scuffle
on the wrong side of towwwn (the wrong side of tow-ow-own)
You let me clean your wounds that night
We didn’t eat eggs__ and didn’t sword fight
I rocked you gently,__ until you slept
I loved you gently,___ (guitar stops) my love my ninja

Then I whispered (chorus)
(repeat to end “My love my ninja” 2x)

No comments: